Thursday, November 4, 2021

Soon To Be


A lot has changed within me the past couple of years.
I think the transformation began after 1 year in business;
a re-evaluation of sorts left me longing to slow down,
a realization left me questioning what I've always known,
and a re-birth slowly erupted,
new priorities
new responsibilities
a new path forward.

Homeowners.
Homemaking.
Children in mind.

Slowly the fiery drive I once had for my work fell dim
Still there, a small candle burning
but more of a plateau, a steadiness, a maintenance.

I've other goals in mind
absorbing all my focus
I want it so badly
and as such
it will be.

I can't help but wonder how or when or if I'll ever shift back to hefty work-mode
Building upon dreams I once dreamt
because right now, they're just not at the forefront;
because right now, creating the best little home
inside and out
for a soul we'll create
a fusion of us
a little bit of him, a little bit of me
is soon to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)