Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seriously Awesome Green Soup

















I have been posting so many recipes on here lately, but what can I say? I'm in the midst of some healing and cleansing with raw foods and I've been swimming around in some super fun recipes that I simply must share.
I made this soup many, many months ago around the time that I was new to raw foods. I'm sure I used a couple different ingredients back then because today I just used what I had on hand. Though the beauty with not only this recipe but so many raw recipes is that you can modify them very easily.

All there is to do is throw into a blender a few stalks celery, 1/2 cucumber, a tomato, few large kale leaves, some spinach, juice of 1/2 lemon, pinch of salt (I use Himalayan), 2 spoonfuls of light miso paste (fermented soybeans - If you don't have miso you can just use a bit more salt. I'm actually quite sensitive to soy so I don't eat soy products often... in fact next time I think I'll exclude the miso) and lastly 1/2 an avocado. You'll want to blend the avocado last, after everything else is blended, because you want to avoid over-blending it in order to maintain the amazing green colour and proper flavour.

You can also throw in some basil or cayenne pepper or anything else that seems appealing. Afterwards I sprinkled on some nutritional yeast, so that's a flavourful option as well. This soup is honestly very good. The thickness and creaminess that the avocado adds makes it so incredibly savory and just scrumptious... scrumptious indeed. This makes enough for about 2 people, or one giant serving :)

The most important ingredient you'll want to make sure you add in order for this to turn out perfectly is a whole bunch of love and stuff.

I really like the song Sister Golden Hair by America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)