Wednesday, January 23, 2013

rush

Homemade hot chocolate: coconut & rice milk, raw cacao, maple syrup and cinnamon :)
The past couple of days here in Southern Ontario have been wildly cold. I think it's minus twenty degrees Celsius today, more or less. This time of year is bittersweet for me - I like the charm of the holiday season but once my birthday passes after the tenth of January, I really begin to itch for some warmth. I'm looking forward to comfortable weather.

I've been thinking a lot lately. I am struggling to pinpoint why it is exactly that I can't quite find my balance. Last night as I pondered until I could ponder no more, I opened up my journal and scribbled a goal chart, for it is just this that has been troublesome for me. Why can't I just relax about it? I know what I want yet I seem to spin around in circles trying to remedy the restlessness and I don't really end up getting anywhere. I think I'm rushing. I think I'm comparing myself. I think I'm letting my fears get the best of me.

And still, I continue along. I do wonder how it will all pan out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)