Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nature, Serenity & Simple Things


First of all, happy 25th birthday to my older brother, Adam!

I went to my very favourite forest/conservation area this evening with my younger brother. Originally to trek through some trails, but found ourselves climbing trees instead. The weather and early October landscape has been breathtaking these days. Fall, being my favourite season, brings me tremendous joy. I feel so much peace from the breezes, the colours, the indescribable essence of it all.

I’ve been wanting to express my feelings of gratitude for simple things such as this. For it is oh but the little things that bring us joy and  lasting fulfillment. The temporary means of fulfillment that material possessions provide is  pathetic in comparison.

I was jolted with a deep sense of serenity when I looked in the distance at the colourful trees. I cannot explain it fully, but in essence, I felt as though the troubles found in this artificial world we live in were meaningless. Being in nature reminds us of what we are, who we are, where we are. Shifts our perspective, shifts our focus.

Cool breezes; foggy, misty afternoons; sunrises; rustling leaves; overcast days in the fall. A few things that I am ever-grateful for and that never cease to bring me complete and utter joy.

Today’s affirmation:


I am free, even in the midst of limitation within the illusions of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)