Friday, September 28, 2012

change


These days I've felt incredible urges to change things in my life. I want something different, I want something new. I feel like doing something. Painting my bedroom, rearranging my furniture, cutting my hair. I seem to go through these phases at certain times of the year (must be a seasonal thing). I feel like I'm an onion lately, peeling away at layers. Unraveling and unveiling pieces of myself that have been repressed and have needed to shine through.

Ever since I was about 13 I've wanted my nose pierced. I've thought over it through the years and always resonated with them. Last night after ruminating over it for a good 30 minutes I just grabbed my car keys and left to the tattoo parlor. Wee!

It hurt a lot. Some swearing happened. But, only momentarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)