Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gliding



I love bike riding; it is something I have been doing lots of these days. I can just pop in my headphones and enter a new world as I glide down hills; flying past water and trees and flowery grass. It's really quite divine.

One of my favourite things about it is the releasing of fear as I speed downhill. I'll hesitate to brake a bit, but then I just release and let the flow of natural acceleration happen as it may. Trust. And I love just riding without a plan - going where I end up going for as long as it might take. Kinda close your eyes, feel the wind, the Earth around you, y'know?

The photo I posted was from many months ago... I can't actually remember taking it, however the sky is bright pink and is similar to my bike ride from yesterday evening. It was getting darker somewhat and the sky was painted pink and purple streaks accented with thick wispy clouds outlined in gray. It was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)