Saturday, January 1, 2011

Perfect Day

Today has been such a perfect day for the first day of the new year. It's been mild outside the past few days and today it was raining lightly and everywhere is just dazzled with this beautiful, fairytale-like fog. Needless to say, it was the ultimate perfect day for a walk by the lake.

As I walked towards the lake I noticed 3 flags that were so still. No wind. Stillness. Silence. I closed my umbrella and just allowed the cool drizzle of rain to feed me. And then I cried, because the happiness I feel for this life and this world is so grand. The deep feelings of appreciation I have for the beauty of simple things like rain, fog, trees and air was overwhelming in those few moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)