Sunday, November 14, 2010

Green to Grey

Picture I took from the CN Tower

















I can't stop thinking about the devastation of pavement over Earth; of perfect squares and geometric shapes bombarding nature and its beautiful asymmetries

When I look around outside, all I can think of is destruction
All I can feel is anger at the gradual decrease of life, and increase in concrete
I feel sympathy for the trees
I long for lush, abundant forests
It feels as though I cannot escape the cold, hard grounds of cities and suburbs
It feels as though I cannot escape the loud, buzzing sounds of construction and freeways

I'll step outside only to hear cars rushing by
I'll walk down the street only to smell gasoline
I'll look up at the night sky only to see the orange reflection of city lights

I want to move far away
Am I the only one who feels this way?
Green to grey
Green to grey
Green to grey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)