Friday, October 1, 2010

Brilliant Expression

Today is October. October reminds me of orange and yellow and amber and crisp air and scarves. Each time a new month arrives I am always excited. Excited for newness, for freshness, for the untouched future. And I love changing my calendar. I have been so busy the past couple of weeks that I didn't even know the new month arrived. What will October bring?

I feel as though I am bursting with brilliance and overflowing with creative ideas and dreams. I am yearning for a trip to one of my favourite shops called Odyssey. When I'm in there I am overwhelmed with beautiful curiosity and an intriguing sense of adoration. Books and jewelry and incents and candles and gemstones and Buddha. Psychics and crafties and creation. All I want to do is dive in. Touch and read and discover. When I get paid I'm splurging. (I've never been to a psychic before - I'll go when the time feels right)

I love things. I love knick-knacks and doodlies of all sorts. I love the thrift store. I am by no means an advocate for superficial ideals. I thrive upon allowing yourself to be. To be you. To just absorb who you are and to never strive to be anything otherwise. There is only you.
I feel like I am so young and I can't wait to build up a collection of cherished goods throughout the journey of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)