Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Art and the Art of Being You


















When I paint I lose sense of my surroundings and I just embrace myself in the experience. The feeling of stroking paint across canvas and blending colours together is much like a massage for my mind and eyes. It's frustrating and discouraging when you can't get it right, but there are no words to describe the feeling when you step back and take a look at what you have created.

Art fulfills in me a sense of freedom.  A sense of who I am in the deepest inner layers of myself. I have been artistic my entire life and I never want to lose touch of that foundation.

As I have gotten older I have been able to express the artistic side of me in various different areas of my life. I think I always have had a rather different perspective on things than a lot of people, but it hasn't always surfaced. Only my life in the past year have I really begun to define myself and explode with passion in every direction.

I think it is so imperative for everybody to discover themselves and to be their own individual and to not step into the wild world of conforming or living up to some silly idealistic, societal standard. I don't know how innocently discussing my art has turned into this discussion, but, there are so very many societies and standards and rules around this world that we ought to remember who we are and what we want, need and deserve as our own person. Let's just do what makes us happy, hm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)