Sunday, October 30, 2016

Fiery & Fierce


Why is it that I always run away? I always flee when I can't cope; when the fears in my mind are so fiery and fierce; when nothing else but my unwavering desire to escape, to let go, to undo it all, screams as loud as anything you've ever heard.

I don't regret a single ounce of the choices I've made in my life; the people I've so sorrowfully hurt or let down; for my heart always takes precedence over something that just doesn't feel right. I guess I value myself and this life that I live, and it's important to me that the path I walk along is safe.

Still, I wonder why life keeps presenting me with the very same things, the very same situations, over and over and over again. Until I master the virtue of patience and persistence, I do believe that all of it will continue to circle back toward me, again and again and again.

I'm walking dutifully forward, certainly so, and I'm on a mission. I strive to be the best that I can be and I swear on all the stars in the sky that I know what I want, I know what I've always wanted, and I know what I always will want. If things can unfold steadily, and smooth, like clotted cream on a biscuit, I will get down on my knees and I will never, ever let go.

2 comments:

  1. Set some goals for yourself. I'm sure you already have. But facing new challenges and overcoming them can be transformative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love setting goals. 2017 is going to be a great year :) x

      Delete

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)