Thursday, September 13, 2012

Slow Down & Be Patient


I had an epiphany the other night. Actually I've had a few.

I've been going through many processes and transformations this year. Questioning myself, losing myself, finding myself, settling into myself. Thoroughly feeling the myriad of emotions in which accompany the human experience.

One thing that I have really needed lately is to  s l o w   d o w n. I've been caught up in a whirlwind of busyness and an overwhelming load of to-do lists, tasks and obligations. Mostly though I've come to realize that I seem to be doing a lot of it to myself. Unnecessarily taking on more than I can handle. But, all is well. I truly believe that everything that happens in our lives is meant to happen. We always are where we're supposed to be! I'll often think "What's the lesson in this?"

So I found myself with revelations abound; realizing that I've got so many things going on all at the same time and that I really am doing more than I need to; that I'm rushing and hurrying everything in my life; that I'm not embracing patience or presence; that I need a time out to assess my situation and that mostly, I don't have to have everything right now. It all comes in time. It's all a process. (P.S., writing or talking issues, worries, anxieties, etc. out with someone will almost inevitably bring you to conclusions).

The picture shown here was taken when I went for a bike ride the other afternoon. I'm certain that bike riding is one of the most freeing and blissful activities out there. I've found myself just soaking up any morsel of peace and solitary moment I get, such as when I stood on the shore and breathed. I think I've really lacked that aspect of solitude in my life lately (something that is crucial to my well-being). Even a couple weeks ago when I was driving home, radio on, setting sun beaming on my face, windows down, tears. I was hit with an overflowing sensation of freedom for a few short minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)