Sunday, August 12, 2012

Journals & Synchronicity


Writing has always been a big part of my life. Ever since I was very young I've always had diaries and journals; scrap pieces of paper were always put to use with doodles and poetry. When it comes to finding my equilibrium, I recharge through solitude. I cocoon myself into a world of introspection and creative expression. Writing (as well as art) is a form of release for me: an outlet for my plethora of thoughts, feelings, questions, answers, ideas, imaginations, explanations, fears and joys. It's important for us to connect with that which brings us harmony and fulfillment.

I go through about two journals per year. I just finished my last one and so really wanted to treat myself to something special as the past year of my life has been quite intense - I wanted one to represent my new beginning. I've been going through a re-birth of sorts and it has been magical to say the least. To put it simply, I've just been wonder-struck at the power of dreams, intentions and manifestation.

What really blew me away though the other night after I purchased my new journal was the meaning behind it in which I discovered on the sticker attached to it. It wrote:

Almond Blossom Journal
Happiness: it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. - Vincent Van Gogh
~ Symbolizing new, invigorating, budding life, Vincent Van Gogh's Branch of an Almond Tree in Blossom inspires our creative souls to bloom.

Ah, synchronicity. My life has been full of nothing short of *newness*, *invigoration*, *budding* and *achievement*. I can very well correlate the stage of my life to that of a blossom. The meaning behind the artwork on the cover of this journal really couldn't have been any more fitting. I do believe that when we are in alignment with our joys and our highest good everything falls into place, and a lot of times it is confirmed via synchronistic events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)