Saturday, March 3, 2012

storybook sunrise


Just after 7 o'clock I woke up to a peculiar sunrise. Shades of blue, purple, pink and yellow painted the sky to the east; a stormy gray to the north. I wanted to climb out my window and melt into the picturesque scenery. My mind felt as sharp as a clear water stream as I breathed in the few short flickers of beaming, beautiful sun that was cloaked behind the wildly swaying trees. The wind has been reckless all night and the sound of it made the break of day even more mystical.
I felt like I was in a storybook. I sat and contemplated the strength of trees; how they fluidly blow about in adaptation to their circumstances, without complaint, without judgement. I admire this concept.

You know I'm feeling whole when my life is a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)