Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kale Ribbon Salad with Sweet Potato

















I want to share this yummy kale ribbon salad with warm sweet potato and hemp seed recipe that I made a few days ago. It is really tasty and light yet hearty.
Dice up a sweet potato (with skins!) and bake in oven at around 350F for 20 minutes or so (until soft).
Take several large leaves of kale, stack on top of eachother, roll and slice into ribbons. Put the sliced kale into a bowl, add olive oil and massage the hell out of it until the kale appears dark green and steamed-looking (this makes the kale much more palatable). Squeeze in some lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or your favourite vinegar, mix in the diced yam, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a couple spoonfuls of hemp seeds.

I love yams and this salad was an amazing combo - they go together perfectly with leafy greens.

I tend to keep the recipes that I put together fairly simplistic with only a few ingredients (depending on what foods I have on hand - usually I just throw stuff together) but this salad can certainly be modified by adding red onion, tomato or perhaps julienned zucchini. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)