Monday, July 18, 2011

LOVE on a hot day

Green juice!























Ello!

I wanted to share some things I made today that was so nice and refreshing for this almost-unbearably hot, humid, sticky 40+ degree weather that is making me feel like I'm made of double-sided tape.

Green juice! ~
  • 1 full large bunch of kale
  • 4-5 stalks celery
  • 6 carrots
  • 2 green apples
  • small bunch of fresh dill. 
And the best part... raw vegan banana ice cream!

Raw vegan ice-cream!

















I have been wanting to try out this magnificent loveliness, and that I did. I have most definitely discovered my new favourite sweet treat that feels like I'm eating the most decadent, thick, creamy dessert except it's just frozen bananas. SoOoOo what you're gonna do is take a couple ripe bananas, peel em' and stick'em in the freezer. Once they're hard as a rock you're gonna throw those bad boys into a blender, maybe splash a bit o' water in there or some almond milk (which I did today, yummo!) and blend those babies right up. And it turns into this thick, icy icy icy delicious scrumptious dreamy creamy texture full of love and delight. You could even add a spoonful of raw cacao to make it chocolatey, or some berries to make it berry-flavoured. Or almond butter or peanut butter or coconut or ANYTHING! Take a walk on the wild side with this one man.

So that is that!

1 comment:

  1. oooh, thanks for creating options, my mind is sluggish when it needs to think about experimenting with food.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)