Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fresh Fruit & Veg Salad! Yummmmo!



This is a chopped fruit and veg salad I made last night, thought I'd share! I got the recipe from Raw Radiant Health (on Youtube) except she used jicama - a root vegetable that I didn't have.

It was so very tasty! :
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1/2 yellow bell pepper
  • 1/2 pear (in replacement of the jicama)
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • juice of 1/2 a lemon (or lime)
  • Himalayan salt (or whichever salt you have) & pepper
  • Drizzle of olive oil

Dice up ingredients, add oil and juice of lemon and mix around in bowl. Add your salt and pepper. You can certainly add in any other ingredients you like - tomatoe would be splendid.

Let us analyze the nutritional value of these delightful foods shall we? Red onions and cucumbers are a lovely source of vitamin C and fibre, bell peppers and lemons are high in antioxidants and in turn destroy free radicals! Yay! As well pears are a good source of copper which also protect the body from free radical damage. Isn't food just awesome?

2 comments:

  1. For meee? Thanks! I love red onions. Looks yummy. Yes food is awesome and amazing, and how it works with our bodies too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)