Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Right Here, Right Now



I am reading another book by Eckhart Tolle called The Power of Now and I just need to quote a line that totally heightened my consciousness/awareness the other night:


'Nothing ever happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the now.'


For a very long time now I have already been practicing having a conscious awareness towards the present moment. But that line from the book really made my awareness sky rocket. As of the moment I finished reading that line, I have been incredibly aware of the Now, more than usual. It is not the easiest thing to remain in the present consistently. It certainly takes time and practice and a lot of self-reminding. But when you're in the midst of a fully grasped moment, when you're truly feeling your body and soul in the very moment that always is and always will be right now, it's beyond words.

There is something so beautiful and freeing about Being. Just Being. It's as simple as looking around you and noticing where you are, how you feel, observing - but not judging - your thoughts, feeling the energy field inside of you. It's marvelous. I can definitely feel how it is becoming more natural and automatic for me to bring myself back into the Now and into a true state of Being.

Feels good.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty mandala pendant necklace thingy. Looks nice. I like that quote. Everything happens in the now. Thinking about time
    blows my mind anyway. I like the way you think. If you ever find yourself alone in a time-space machine and need a co-pilot, you better stop and pick me up so we can road-trip the intergalactic spacetime super highway, or else! We can take turns doing the driving and working the hydroponic garden and juice/smoothie bar while we're grabbing onto the now. And now to borrow a phrase from you, ok bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes let's do that! I want to drive along an intergalactic spacetime super highway :( Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's go! You only have to close your eyes and you're there in the driver's seat, right now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)