Thursday, August 19, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy





I believe I got these little worry dolls from Lunenburg, Nova Scotia when I was about 12 years old. I misplaced them for a long time but I found them a while ago and I keep them on my night stand. I was told you're supposed to tell them your worries and put them under your pillow and in the morning your worries will be gone away.
These little guys remind me of how silly worrying is in the first place and how it's important to understand that worrying is useless and doesn't do any good.
When we worry we often put ourselves in a state of panic and it's quite stressful and uncomfortable nonetheless. But worrying doesn't accomplish anything but disturbing our peace of mind. Of course everybody worries from time to time and it is inevitable in some situations, but I so strongly believe in the practice of eliminating the feelings of anxiety and worry as much as I can. I think I am typically someone who worries and over-analyzes things more than I should, but at least I'm aware of the uselessness of it.
When it comes to worrying, my attitude generally revolves around knowing that it's gonna be okay even if something is seemingly astronomically terrible. Whatever it is, it is what it is and will end up the way it will end up. Just go with the flow and don't worry, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you :-)